View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 04:18 PM   #27
lordabdul

Default Re: Balanced games for archers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlangsdorf View Post
The melee PCs are in a line of battle with the PC archers on the flanks. As the enemy melee types close, the PC archers shoot and step back. If the enemy melee types run past the PC melee types, the PC melee types hit them from behind. If the enemy melee types do the sensible thing and engage the PC melee types, the PC archers run past them for a round or two and turn and shoot them in the back.
That's the kind of tactical advice I was partially looking for, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Varyon View Post
You are aware the wounding multiplier for impaling doesn't apply to limbs, right?
Right, I had forgotten about this. You're right, so forget what I said, unless you have special arrows or high ST, it would most of the time take a couple arrows to cripple a limb too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edges View Post
Hey!
Haha sorry, got you all mixed up... post fixed! :)

So anyway, I think one of the problems is that so far in this game, PCs get into trouble (i.e. a situation where interaction with NPCs degenerates in a fight) or get ambushed, or stuff like that. I think situations where the PCs either are the ones attacking (which means they can plan their attack) or know about an incoming attack (which means they can also plan ahead) will be a minority, thus making the whole "archers can shoot enemies from 20 yards away" quite uncommon. I think the players will have to figure out tactics where, if a combat breaks out, the archers have to run away and take positions while the melee fighters hold the NPCs or some other stuff like that.

Last edited by lordabdul; 04-23-2017 at 04:22 PM.
lordabdul is offline   Reply With Quote