Thread: Herecine IQ
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 10:28 PM   #10
Plane

Default Re: Herecine IQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
No. It implies that its "attacks" are really traps. Which is to say the movements are entirely the product of touching it in the wrong place. The people it attacks are actually operating the controls that cause it to attack them.
Affliction (Emanation) happens prior to touching, it's what gives people gluttony and compels them to grab at the fruit.

It just says "the berries smell delicious" which sounds like the plant is just constantly topping up that emanation as needed using attack maneuvers.

The 'trigger' for that I guess could be "I smell animal flesh nearby". Notably despite IQ0/Will0 I'm just noticing they have Per 12 so it can probably smell pretty well.

It also seems like there are a lot of "wrong places" because "climbs into the inner branches" or "browses on berries" or "picks berries" all cause some mixture of Binding/Grappling attacks. Not really sure which ... I might need to check Technical Grappling to see whether Binding 12 or ST 20 arms are better at grappling.

ST 12 from binding is inferior, but that exhausts 1 FP per failure while break free attempts vs normal grappling do not...

Bindings would have DR 3 while it doesn't look like the Herecine has any DR at all (strange: it's wood, usually wood has a minimum DR of 1...)
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote