View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 12:55 PM   #19
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: Weird Power Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmetahuman
Okay, like I said, I saw what you were trying to do and I think it's clever; since there arre no rules for making affliction: warp or jumper instant, I don't see why you can't use Persistent to change it back, as a houses rule for this specific effect. The question becomes how to price an Unconscious Uncontrollable effect that works to your benefit (Always On doesn't work that way, and besides, it's a limitation too). Limitations on advantages-used-as-attacks are weird (since you mentioned Hero, I guess you'ere familiar with the rules they address this with), and GURPS doesn't give us anything to work with. The only thing I can think of is the obvious "flip the sign", and make the -50% in limitations become a +50% enhancement. But that's totally arbitrary.
Somewhere, I remember seeing that if it's -10% in limitations it's a +20% enhancement. I don't remember where it is, but I'll have to look for it.
Technically, they're still both limitations. They just happen to be limitations that work in the player's favor.
And, oh yes, having to buy Extra-Dimensional Movement (Related group of dimensions, any location) with Ranged, Safe-Blind, Usable as Attack, based on ECV and many other advantages . . . the active cost was something like 350, with a real cost of nearly 100. Not to mention how much I knew I was going to have to boost the character's Ego just to be able to use it on Demons. Mind-numblingly expensive power for a game where demons are a rare enemy type (in the game she was being made for demons weren't very common).

Quote:
Originally Posted by transmetahuman
I do see where you're coming from with the double dipping on the "Magical" limitation; I might allow it.
Okay, good. It was clearer that it sounded to me.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote