View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 10:43 PM   #13
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: Weird Power Concept

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth
For this to be meaningful, you'ld need a way for the Jumper advantage to be negated where the Afflication isn't. The only obvious way that comes to mind ending the duration with countermeasures, but that's already costed into Permanent +150%.

What countermeasures can the demon exploit to make it worth -10%?
Well, specifically, they could jump to a world where Magic doesn't work (lots of worlds). How they get there is a matter for the GM to figure out. However, as I said, the built-in escape clause was 1 year, we all know that nothing is permanent. Other ideas: A nice anti-magic field (the GM doesn't consider Demons any more magical than Angels, frogs or humans; magic isn't required, just helpful) would render it temporarily useless. A powerful affliction-removing heal. A power that renders magic moot. A power that absorbs magical powers (heh, didn't see that coming). A powerful dispel. Becoming human. (I don't want to give my GM too many more ideas that he already has!)

Once granted, the "advantage" is still magical as is the affliction. It's not necessary for them both to fall into the same category, although it is probably expected.

Last edited by Mark Skarr; 04-10-2006 at 10:45 PM. Reason: too many of the same word. Oops.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote