View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 01:45 PM   #4
GodBeastX

Default Re: Question about a power with the "Emergencies Only" Limitation

Quote:
Originally Posted by phayman53 View Post
An example to clarify: this hypothetical Holy warrior is by himself and attacked by a single assassin. There is no CoH, SoD, or Vow that compels him to act, it is only self-defense. Also, he does not have to make any fright checks or self-control rolls. Does his increased strength work, or does he have to wait until he makes a HT roll for a major wound or some other issue?

In the above example, I would think that a life-or-death fight would count as an "emergency", regardless of how skilled a warrior is, but the wording of Powers makes me doubt my initial interpretation.

Thanks!
All combat doesn't count as Emergencies Only. It would have to be a situation he's stress out or in severe danger. The example of the HT roll is "You've been hit for LOTS of damage". A flight or fight response essentially is an emergency.

This could also be the fact a giant monster is about to step on you.

It shouldn't be like, run of the mill combat. It shouldn't be just because someone wants to punch you in the face. It would be the idea that their life is truly in danger, someone else's life is in danger, or stress on the character. An emergency!