View Single Post
Old 09-26-2018, 03:32 PM   #21
Skarg

Default Re: Misc. Spell questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Goodwin View Post
Fortunately (or not, depending on your point of view) this is all dependent on a 3/DX roll.

But the point of Aided ST is to be able to be used as ST. It's most commonly used to funnel a lot of ST into one caster so that they can cast a spell requiring more ST than one person typically has, but it's for sure additional ST. Someone aided to 100 ST over their base ST can cast a spell costing 100 ST, and it comes out of the aided ST; why not the same for wounds? (If you want to, as a GM you can specify that this only works when Aided ST is above the figure's natural ST value, but even so it still works as a buff for fighters...)
To me, the answer is clearly because it makes no sense to me and breaks my understanding of the game world, and feels gamey.

It seems to me like drawing energy from a magic Aid spell to power a magic spell makes sense, but it doesn't make sense that if you're injured while aided, that the injury would go away when the Aid wears off. I see the ST from Aid as helping the victim handle injury to 2 turns, but not that it makes injury that's done go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Goodwin View Post
For the most part, those are straight out of original Advanced Melee. They've been modified slightly, and adding physicking is definitely new (but also seems to have been a common house rule). New ITL also makes a distinction between "mostly dead" and "dead dead" (below -5 ST) and limits the less effective methods to the "mostly dead" state.
Seems to me people in original Advanced Melee died the moment they hit 0 ST, no?

So now the use of original physicker talents and healing potions can save someone if they can get him/her back to 0 ST right away. I like that as the margin is still quite narrow (unless you have a lot of expensive healing potion handy) but nicely wider than the single ST point it was before.

Where's the part about below -5 ST?
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote