View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 10:02 PM   #1
HunterX1138

Default GURPS online. How would it work out?

If you like to play computer games based on table-top RPGs than you might question how GURPS would work out? It's universal so it could be any genre. Would it entirely online? How would elites affect casuals? And how do the players create their own worlds? Post your theories if you wish, here's mine.

GURPS online would be a sandbox RPG. People could create their own servers like in minecraft. A single-player option would also be available and you can invite friends to it as a private server. World customization would have to be simplified (a lot).

World customization could be simplified by choosing which genre your world is (Fantasy, sci-fi, Horror, realistic,etc). You'd obviously have your TL to customize it even further to create an uncommon genre or very common depending on what you pick. The genres you pick will decide what's possible and what's in your world. Then you have to pick how many points a character can begin with.

The starting point amount for your world would decide how many points any char on that server has at first. Notice I say "at first', this is because their will be ways to gain more points (like tasks or achievements). So if you want to play a meek to manly adventure world start low, If you want to be a super-hero start high. Of course this leads us to Character Customization.

Your character is a main focus when it comes to play. You have templates (depending on what genre and TL you chose) that you can use but you don't need them. You will be given a list of skills but you can minimize it by what you can afford. Race is also something that is implemented (again it depends on genre and TL).

That's what I thought of for online. If you want to add anything to my theory feel free. If you want to make your own,go ahead. If you don't like online, well get out this thread, if you don't like it don't be hateful!
HunterX1138 is offline   Reply With Quote