View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 11:14 PM   #3
pup67vargr

Default Re: Discussion for new GURPS Traveller PbP game

Quote:
Originally Posted by doulos05 View Post
I'm interested, assuming I can make it fit my schedule. Never done a PbP, so I'm not sure how time-intensive those are.
I took a stab at responding to this issue in our other thread, but let me add a bit here, too: "Time-intensive" does really not apply to PbP games. You just log-in when you have time, whenever during your day that happens to be, and if there are any new posts in the game, then you can respond as you see fit, post an action for your character, or whatever. At times you'll want to post a combat action, or a skill check. Other times, it will be strictly a roleplaying situation and you'll just want to give your character's words and thoughts. I haven't seen a built-in dice-roller on these boards, so I'm guessing we'll need to roll all dice on InvisibleCastle.com and post a link to the rolls in the action posts here. It's a simple matter to get a Username and Password at IC and then you're all set. When you log-in to IC, just click on the tab that says "roll dice" and you'll be taken to a screen where you'll enter your character name, campaign name, the number of rolls, and the dice to be rolled. For most GURPS rolls, you'll just need ONE roll, of 3d6+/-whatever modifiers apply.

Last edited by pup67vargr; 08-04-2011 at 10:42 PM.
pup67vargr is offline   Reply With Quote