View Single Post
Old 04-30-2017, 11:22 PM   #9
weby

Default Re: TK Grab in the "dark" (line of sight questions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny Brook View Post
A) He does not lose control of the vial. He can continue to push it, but steering it would be subject to the vision penalties for whatever the resulting light condition is.
There would be a penalty with maximum -6 for total darkness. Note that moving an object in straight line is normally a very easy task for a positive difficulty basically a DX 9 person could normally expect to succeed that 98% of the time so give it a +7 or such for a total of +1.

Quote:
B) He does not lose control of his weapon. Since you don't need to look at a weapon in your hand to use it, I would say there is no penalty unless his view of the opponent is blocked.
Note that you do not get tactile feel with telekinesis so doing things with the weapon is more difficult but just moving it to where you can see it well enough to hit with is fairly easy. I would not require a roll for such move.

Quote:

C) I'd apply the same penalty as for finding glasses in the dark with hands.
Note that using both hands an TK together gets a +4 and people can normally succeed in grabbing glasses without a penalty so there is likely a positive task difficulty. With the maximum known location targeting penalty for darkeners of -6, and getting +4 and adding a fairly large positive modifier you end up at a small positive modifier of say +2, if you did with TK only you would then have about -2.

Quote:
D) -6 or -10 depending on how convinced I am that he really knows where the thing is.
Again grabbing a latch or similar is a positive modifier thing as again very few people fail when they see it. Adding the -6 and you are left with a small penalty likely. I would go with say -2 or thereabouts bit depending on the type.

Quote:
Note that I have a vague memory of Kromm having written that there is a basic level of tactility in the imaginary TK "hands", but I doubt I can find it now.
He actually said the opposite:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
Blindness limits Telekinesis (TK) no more and no less than it does any other ranged ability. You can aim TK blind, at the usual -6 or so. You can use it with compensatory senses, such as Scanning Sense or Vibration Sense. Or you can learn Blind Fighting. However, TK doesn't give you remote tactile feedback for free; like any other character, if you want that, you must buy Clairsentience. Also, note that Blindness is a -50-point disadvantage. I'm not sure why on earth TK would not be subject to its drawbacks when hands and Innate Attack blasts are.