View Single Post
Old 02-11-2021, 07:00 AM   #13
JohnPaulB

Default Re: Big Cats & Other Animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by timm meyers View Post
wow I think the idea of giving wild animals various levels of U.C. is BRILLIENT! Basically you equate "claws" as per level of U.C.
Remove all damage dice and just go by bare hand ST chart with claw I, II, or III Which is equal to U.C. I, II, or III (even IV or V if you want bigger than bear claw mutant sabre lions...)

You no longer need fur armor (which I personally think is visually silly) as the U.C. always on Evade grants -DX defense and far more reflective of a quick agile wolf, cat, or even bear.
Change the Kick to a HtH only "throat bite or belly rip" attack still keeping all adjustments.
Yes! shield rush yes! of course it titles "pounce or rush" instead of throw
You would still want those other things, like fur armor and claw damage, because they can still attack and be attacked while not in HTH.

Tiger in cage. Guard gets to close. Tiger reaches through bars and swipes at guard, hits and drops him. Second guard comes near with spear and stabs at Tiger doing some damage while fur stops some damage.

I like this approach of levels of species Claw Talent. Perhaps something like this is in the upcoming Beastiary?

Fantasy Chess: A chess game with combat.
Don't just take the square, Fight for it!
https://www.shadowhex.com
JohnPaulB is offline   Reply With Quote