View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Lots of questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dude View Post
Okay, what about bonuses that aren't items? (e.g. the really impressive title, spiky knees, etc.) And also, can I play more items from my hand during combat?
You can't play "normal" Items from your hand during combat without the use of a card that breaks that rule. One-shot Items (Items that say "usable once only"), can be played to any combat, from in play on the table, and from your hand, and this is stated in the rules in at least two different places. Spiky Knees have a Gold Piece value on them, so they are Items. In the original Munchkin set, the only two Treasures that are not Items and give a persistent combat bonus are Hireling and Really Impressive Title. I'm looking to check to see if Andrew or I have covered this before, but given that they aren't Items, one could assume it is safe to play either of those two cards, even while in combat, until I can find evidence we've said otherwise.

Here are some relevant rules quotes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules, Combat, p. 2
One-shot items, such as potions, may be played directly from your hand during combat. You can also use one-shot items that you already had in play. One-shot items say “Usable once only.” Discard these cards after the combat, whether you win or lose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules, Combat, p. 2
While you are in combat, you cannot sell, steal, equip, unequip, or trade items, or play items (except for one-shots)from your hand. Once you expose a monster card, you must resolve the fight with your equipment as it stands, plus any one-shot items you choose to play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rules, Other Treasures, p. 5
Other Treasure cards (like Go Up a Level cards) are “specials.” You may play these at any time, unless the card itself says otherwise. Follow the card’s instructions, then discard it, unless it has a persistent bonus like an Item.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote