View Single Post
Old 05-08-2010, 03:53 PM   #47
lexington

Default Re: Heavy crushing/smashing weapons: Why use them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
Again, money is not a good argument. It's expected that a decent adventurer (warrior) should have a decent weapon. And when I say "a decent weapon", I'm not saying a magic weapon or those weapons full of qualities from DF I. Just a normal weapon. It's not like the adventurer will say "Oh, I don't have a weapon. I'll have to go out there and find some wood piece to kick ass"
If you're disarmed you sure will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landwalker View Post
I'm not saying, and haven't said, that they don't need stats. I'm questioning why anyone would make the conscious decision to say "Hey, I'm going to make a combat-minded adventurer (because nobody else would be entertaining ST 12+ weapons in the first place) whose primary weapon is [practically crippled]!"
In game terms there's obviously no reason to do so, of course you can extend this logic to ridiculous munckinism very quickly. The weapons are there if at some point you need one or if you're at TL0 for some reason and can't get anything better. In reality axes replaced hammers as weapons because they really are much better weapons, the same thing happened with guns replacing swords.

Last edited by lexington; 05-08-2010 at 03:56 PM.
lexington is offline   Reply With Quote