View Single Post
Old 06-20-2020, 02:05 AM   #29
swordtart

Default Re: The shurkin challenge.

Hmmm, if it were backed up by a thin layer of plastic or CA to catch anything that went through, I could buy it. Using HRs as ablative armour is a bit counter-productive. If you are shot in the tail it is going direct to either driver or plant (depending on which order you put them in).

An MG has a 50:50 chance of penetrating. An AP MML has a 4 in chance of penetrating. An RL (as fitted to the Thresher) only has a 1/12 chance of NOT penetrating (and they are cheaper than dirt). Since there is no real benefit to burst effect in an arena there is no reason not to make your RL rounds AP. An AP RL is guaranteed to penetrate. As you have shown putting a HR on a Division 5 isn't hard.

Even the poxy APPR has a 1/3 chance of getting damage through it. If the 1-2 point hits your plant then it has achieved it's aim. It it hits the driver, even better. I was surprised to note that the APPR is still a burst weapon, so it still has a 1/3 chance of stripping metal.

Any hit on the plant has a 1/3 chance of setting you on fire and since you stripped the FE that could prove terminal. The FP nature of metal protects you against incendiary weapons but not against a fire starting internally.

You have some weight budget left so BA for the driver is probably essential, and a portable FE might be some good.

With such poor handling you are going to be less able to choose your attack/defence vector as well.

I think the Thresher is better value ;)
swordtart is offline   Reply With Quote