View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 11:49 PM   #13
Moonsight

Default Re: In Nomine....does it have a "Pro-Heaven" bias?

Upon reading the material further, turns out that In Nomine does have a "Pro-Heaven" bias especially how they define "Good" and "Evil" to be "Selflessness" and "Selfishness" which basically Angels are more 'compassionate' than Demons who are inheritly selfish for one example which for example, if playing a Demon do you really have to be a selfish backstabbing I mean a really awful person? If so then I don't like where this is going at all which is once again casting Demons as shallow "Evil" characters that should be unplayable unless you're okay playing as a manipulative abusive self-centered backstabbing narcissist (which actually fits Yahweh's personality more even the books say that he's "Selflessness" or "he can't be selfish because he is everything which is part of divinity" which I entirely disagree on that part especially if you read the bible that he's actually a mass murdering narcissistic abuser who enslaves everyone to his will).

Basically this game doesn't really align to the Gnostic themes or having Demons having the best interest and it also says that Demons enjoy torturing souls for enjoyment instead of judgement (matter of fact I never liked the idea of Demons torturing souls for the sole purpose of "Fun" at all especially when you put things into context of what "burning hell" actually means "burning lost for God") and also for example Andrealphus treating humans like toys and playthings and plus the aspect of "Dominator and Submissive" in relationships which is what I really reject since Lust should be about having sex for pleasure not for pro-creation and such.

Basically I don't like how this game is written which doesn't really align to my Gnostic feelings towards Abrahamic faiths at all.

Is there anyway to rewrite the game? Oh BTW, Heaven and Hell shouldn't be the only afterlives nor should Yahweh be the only Deity either and also Buddhists shouldn't enter the Christian heaven especially get's more problematic that the book outright states that the Buddhist afterlife is not true as Dominic cannot tell them which is offensive at best. Basically what about porting the Buddhist Cosmology instead to have it actually exist?

Last edited by Moonsight; 07-07-2016 at 08:38 AM.
Moonsight is offline   Reply With Quote