Thread: Turning Undead
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 08:02 PM   #25
platimus

Default Re: Turning Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse11h View Post
PIETY IQ 8 (1)
A pious person will spend a certain amount of time each day praying. I am setting an arbitrary rate of one hour per day. AT the end of an hour of prayer her rolls one time on 3D6 vs IQ. Success grants benefits below. Failure requires atonement. Additional hour of prayer, rolling once to raise your result one level, maximum improvement in one day one level. On following day, your prayer roll is -1 unless you spend an additional hour of atonement.

3 All spells that are known are available
4-5 Any IQ 13 or lower known spells are available
6-15 If roll succeeds, any known spells of IQ 9 and 10 are available
16-17 Only IQ 9 spells are available
18 Your are in hot water with the church. Spells denied.

IQ 9 Detect Good/Evil, Protection from Good/Evil, Turn Undead/Command Undead

IQ 10 Lesser Harm/Lesser Heal

IQ 13 Turn Undead II/Command Undead II *, Bless/Curse *, Harm/Heal *

IQ 14
Greater Harm/Greater Heal **, Exorcism **, Disrupt Undead **, Geas**

* Access to these spells requires Priest as well.
** Access to these spells requires Theologian as well.

Something like this perhaps. It does make it more than a hook and adds to the feel of being faith based.
I'm talking even older. I'll see if I can find the thread/post. I might be misremembering though.

EDIT
Found the thread but looks like you deleted the post. Basically, your original Piety (I commented that it seemed too crunchy to me at the time) was something like: You pass a check and you get some bonuses to certain things or karma points or something. There were a lot things in the list but none of them were spells/powers. And you mentioned that the GM would make it as a secret roll so you didn't know what the benefit was...you had to "take it on faith".

Last edited by platimus; 11-21-2018 at 08:15 PM.
platimus is offline   Reply With Quote