View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 10:24 AM   #20
Icelander

Default Re: [MH] Vile Vortices and Supernatural Threats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
If the colony must be inside the Vortex, as opposed to something coming out of the Triangle and travelling up to destroy the colony, then just make it the Bermuda Lozenge, reflecting the second half across the usual Miami-Bermuda line. That should cover the island. The Bermuda Triangle proponents are right. It's just that they're only looking at half the true area since they're overly focused on ships and a few aircraft.
By the source material of Ivan T. Sanderson, it clearly is the Bermuda Lozenge. On the other hand, the center and widest point of the lozenge would have to lie somewhere between Miami and Puerto Rico, at least if I want to fit Cuba, Haiti, Jamaica and the rest of the Caribbean into it as well.

I had thought that the additional triangle which makes it a lozenge should probably have its southern, narrow end somewhere just off the coast of one of the Central American countries. Well, maybe even cover some of the coasts, no sense in skimping.

For example, look at the absolutely huge area covered by the lozenge of the 'Bermuda Triangle' in this map of the Vile Vortices. Granted, this doesn't seem to reach far enough north for Roanoke shenanigans, but maybe that was a ley line anomaly or something. Alternatively, look at the extended darkened area in the first map here. Play around with that and get it into a lozenge shape and it ought to get me a Bermuda Lozenge which covers everything I like from South Carolina to Aruba.