View Single Post
Old 01-01-2019, 08:10 PM   #2
Plane

Default Re: Affliction - debuffing attributes total cost?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz View Post
Attribute penalty (Will): +5% (this isn't in the book, but since IQ would reduce both IQ, Will and Per at 10% I put will only at 5%)
I think that's technically legal, since -1 to Will is a -5 points disadvantage, so you could do it via the "Disadvantage" enhancement.

I'm not even sure why Attribute Penalty got priced separately at basically half the cost lowered IQ/DX (10 instead of 20) and HT/ST (5 in stead of 10) would be be.

Quote:
I initially wanted it to be an attack that you could use multiple times on a target. That's the Cumulative modifier at +400%.
However it is MUCH cheaper to simply say that the attack reduce Will by -20 for (+5%*20 = +100%) Is this really true?
Yeah, it's weird. Might be interesting for Cumulative to be valued as a multiple based on the value of other enhancements you choose instead of a flat cost.

Quote:
How would you change it up so it would be cheaper to make an attack where you had to use it multiple time to reduce the Will o the target, instead of simply buying a "one-big-penalty" attack from the start?
Innate Attack with Symptoms. Price a -1 to will at the 1/3 and 1/2 and 2/3 intervals.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote