View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 01:38 PM   #29
darebear

Default Re: Completed Ytarria Hex map with terrain added

No problem brother. Your comments were helpful made me think a little bit about the nature of large scale maps.

An improved version of the map is at the bottom of the original blog post. I re-did it from scratch. The original image I used for the first map map had a few city location errors that proved impossible for me to fix/edit, plus I buggered more than a few things up myself.

This version, for the moment anyway, has very light hexagons. I am hoping the author, sinleqiunnini, will post an updated blank hex map of Ytarria with darker hexes (dark grey or black, or both. :-) I can then import that image and finalize the map permanently. If the image is converted to a 11x17 PDF then each 1mm equals 12 miles.

2/6/23 - If anyone knows how to get a CC3 hex grid to fit at 24 miles per hex I would love to know how. The main Inkscape document size is 6696.288 by 5056.032 pixels. At the original document size (1771.726mm by 1337.742mm) the scale is 24 miles per 10mm.

https://darebearsminiemporium.blogsp...f-ytarria.html

2/6 - I posted another version of the map with lighter colors. It makes the light hexes easier to see. They really need to be in black.

Last edited by darebear; 02-06-2023 at 06:20 PM.
darebear is offline   Reply With Quote