View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 12:21 PM   #8
Silverblade

Default Re: GCA, Alternate Form and limitations

GCA 5 is great! Love it already! :D

I managed to create a template for that form - save as template, import into library - and there it is! Add template -> done! Nice! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post

But that only lists/combines all the traits into a single listing. It won't do the point costs for the Alternate Form advantage. You'll still need to cost that out yourself, based on the total cost of the "Alternate Form (Demon)" parent item and the base cost.
So if I add a template, it just adds them to the "main" character?

Quote:
What the Transform Manager lets you do is easily group any traits into This Form or That Form. It will turn off (no bonuses from them, doesn't count for prereqs) all traits in any form that isn't currently the active form. So if you pick This Form, all traits in That Form are disabled.
So I could just tell the Alternate Form Advantage to use the relevant template and....

Quote:
What the Transform Manager will not do is integrate with Alternate Form or Morph or anything like that, you'll still have to set those up yourself. Maybe some day I can get things better integrated, but that's a lot of work.
Aw, damn. :(

Quote:
Play around with GCA 5 for a bit, try things out, then let's see what we can accomplish. But please bear in mind that I'm not actually great on how all the rules are supposed to work (my GUPRS playing has always been with pretty simple characters and pretty simple traits), and I do *not* have a particularly deep knowledge of the rules. I tend to learn what I need to know to make things work, and then often forget the specifics.
I understand. I guess this is something you maintain in your free time? Much appreciated. :)

Quote:
And: You're welcome! I'm really glad you like GCA!
Oh I do, and 5 is even better! :)
Silverblade is offline   Reply With Quote