View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 03:01 PM   #3
Varyon

Default Re: GCA, Alternate Form and limitations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverblade View Post
I am familiar with the Temporary Disadvantage limitation as well, but the only one that really applies here is the Bloodlust, since it requires a self control roll (which is automatically failed?).
I can't really comment on GCA, but technically you could apply all three as Temporary Disadvantages to the traits you get (which I'd bundle together into a single Metatrait if taking this approach), which would mean that while you are using the boost you take double Injury from holy artifacts, suffer 1d Injury per minute when in a holy place, and need to make a Self-Control Roll anytime Bloodlust would crop up. If you want the Self-Control Roll to automatically fail, that actually is an option, introduced in Powers and reprinted in Zombies - it makes the Disadvantage worth 2.5x as much as normal (for Bloodlust, that would be [-25]).

But if you're the GM (or the GM agrees with you) and feel Alternate Form with Maximum Duration applied to the cost of the whole thing is the way to go, you can certainly do that. If you want the Bloodlust to automatically be failed, such that the character will not spare enemies while in this (presumably-demonic) form, as above that would be worth [-25] as part of the template.