View Single Post
Old 11-27-2016, 07:21 AM   #34
Varyon

Default Re: Injury Tolerance: Blur

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbwarrior View Post
Basing it of IT:DR seems mechanically sound (I like simply calling it Evasion or IT:E). I'm not sure it's an entire +100% to affect everything, though, maybe 50-70%.
I actually have it set as +50%, but require characters to either take Slippery +50% (not a real modifier - it's actually just buying enough levels of Cosmic Slippery to equal 50% of the base cost of your IT:Blur) or Affects Others +50% (this is itself a modified version of Affects Others - neither you nor your target need to be willing to share the trait). It's just easier to call that +100%.

As far as naming, another occurs to me that probably gets the point across a lot better than Evasion, Blur, or similar - Injury Tolerance: Damage Negation (IT:DN). Not sure how well I like that, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbwarrior View Post
On a related note, that means 'affects everything' would be the same price (whatever it is) on normal IT:DR. I wonder if it makes Agony into Pain, or makes it last half as long, or...
"Affects Everything" doesn't really make sense on normal IT:DR, IMO. I mean, I could see it impacting the way corrosion damage affects DR, affecting knockback, and affecting how readily things get set on fire, but the rest doesn't really make sense to be halved or whatever. I'd eyeball it as +10% to affect one follow-up effect (Knockback, Side Effect, etc), +20% to affect all of them (Afflictions, Binding, Grappling, etc don't translate well to IT:DR but would make up the remaining 30%).
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote