View Single Post
Old 06-02-2021, 11:28 AM   #71
Inky

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week: Mind Control

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicky_molokh View Post
Not in GURPS, but I've been part of such games, and know that many others play in them too. Mage the Ascension (2/3 of our party had Mind 3) and Vampire the Masquerade (it's common for parties to have some Dominate and Presence). I don't recall seeing people back away from mind-controlling party members in either of these.
I was wondering whether to mention Vampire: the Masquerade. (Didn't know there was so much of it available in Mage: the Ascension too, I haven't played that one).
I suppose a mitigating factor in V:tM is that how it's done is quite specific, you'll know whether it is or isn't happening. All that paranoid vampires have to worry about in that respect, I think, is to be careful not to let unknown vampires stare into their eyes (yep, classic B-movie rules are in operation) and not to drink anything that vampire blood could be hidden in.
Don't know whether the same is true of M:tA.

Last edited by Inky; 06-02-2021 at 11:32 AM.
Inky is online now   Reply With Quote