View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 10:42 PM   #9
Mister Negative

Default Re: Healing too much with spells

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexion View Post
Hi folks !
In my current fantasy campaign with sessions seeing lots of fights, the group healer has a vital role in getting the team back on their feet after the clashes. The fights often take place in high or very high Mana areas.
The healer knows the spells of Minor/Major and Great Healing (M p.91). And the player is very lucky with his dices so critical success often occur. Nice !

But if Magic p.7 says : On a critical success, the spell works especially well. Details are up to the GM, who should be both generous and creative.

Well, here my question. When you have often critical success in high mana area, you get a free FP spell. It's good but do you have ideas about play creativity about to very well or too much well heal ? Someone that receive two critical success healing spells in the same day could be heal too much or have some problem or exotic side effects ?

It's occur often in my game so I want to have suggestions to inspire prudence to the warriors...

I'm not sure why you would want to inspire prudence about successful healings, but you could rule that critically successful healings leave a visible mark of the god on the person healed. Not a scar or anything disabling, but, for example, a white mark in the shape of a sunburst (for a god of light or the sun) or a white mark in the shape of a dove (for a god of peace).

The GM is inspired to be generous and creative, so people shouldn't want to avoid getting them. These marks could be noted and venerated by the faithful, as they would see the recipient as someone who had suffered in defense of the faith (or the faithful). It would be like 'next to martyrdom'--this person suffered grave wounds for the faithful, and the God has healed them for their service.

Alternatively, critically successful healing might also heal minor wounds on the healer--or maybe confer the benefits of a Blessing on the recipient, but only for health/injury/healing related events: +1 on all Health rolls to avoid or recover from injury, until a consequential failure, which is averted (so like, the next time they fail a dismemberment or death check, they make it).

Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Mister Negative is offline   Reply With Quote