View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 02:09 PM   #3
Plane

Default Re: Healing + Triggered Delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirbwarrior View Post
Since the IQ roll is part of the 'attack' that Ranged gives, you'd have to make it right away.
Do you recall if "Time Spent" bonuses could be used to get a bonus to that? Like +5 if you take 30 concentrate maneuvers prepping the heal?

Quote:
And I'd say the same for costs.
Guess I'm thinking this would just let you park dozens/hundreds of delayed-heals on allies (or self w/ enhancement)

Quote:
But I don't see anything wrong with this build, the upsides of Delay (being able to instantly heal a wound) are pulled down by the downsides (not knowing how much FP you'll want to spend).
It would definitely be a waste if someone was only wounded for 2 HP (takes only 1 FP to heal) and you have to use up a 10 FP heal (capable of restoring 20 HP) to help them.

To get around that though I could see healers just planting multiple instances of 1 FP and triggering however many it takes to heal them up...

Or if that's too slow (need to emergency heal ally) you could just do 1/2/3 increments of different-powered heals on your ally to use in difference circumstances, depending on how injured you assess them to be.

Quote:
Considering how easy it is to damage yourself intentionally, it's not to hard to use 'directly' if you don't want the delay. If anything, it might be a little expensive at +50%, especially since it's mostly only useful for HP if it's triggered by damage (which can be countered by restricting it to healing only).
I don't know if you could do it like Trigger: Injury, I get the impression that delay+50% would require an action of some sort (like a ready or concentrate) to trigger your attacks. Kind of like Hang Spell or Reflex.

Quote:
Now, combined with Empathic, you have a very different power which I'm totally on board with. I'd even waive the normal penalties for healing difficult things because they'll be balanced out by not having a clue of what you're going to suddenly receive (or at least make this a +0% option and have it normally have whatever 'cap' of what you'd want to take with requisite penalties on the attack roll).
Empathic just seems like a way of converting a variable Costs Fatigue to a variable Costs HP. That's -5% per level, but they had to represent somehow the way it could scale up, I guess. For some reason this reminds me of Margin-Based.
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote