View Single Post
Old 08-30-2020, 03:53 AM   #2
kirbwarrior

Default Re: Healing + Triggered Delay

Since the IQ roll is part of the 'attack' that Ranged gives, you'd have to make it right away. And I'd say the same for costs. But I don't see anything wrong with this build, the upsides of Delay (being able to instantly heal a wound) are pulled down by the downsides (not knowing how much FP you'll want to spend). Considering how easy it is to damage yourself intentionally, it's not to hard to use 'directly' if you don't want the delay. If anything, it might be a little expensive at +50%, especially since it's mostly only useful for HP if it's triggered by damage (which can be countered by restricting it to healing only).

Now, combined with Empathic, you have a very different power which I'm totally on board with. I'd even waive the normal penalties for healing difficult things because they'll be balanced out by not having a clue of what you're going to suddenly receive (or at least make this a +0% option and have it normally have whatever 'cap' of what you'd want to take with requisite penalties on the attack roll).
kirbwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote