View Single Post
Old 05-15-2019, 09:56 PM   #6
binn05

Default Re: [Banestorm] Yrth as a Psionic setting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
The next conversion is a little more difficult, and has more options: Magic items & (some forms of) ceremonial magic.

You may also want to read 'Psi-Related Gear' (chapter two of GURPS DF 14, pp23-27), although most of that is stuff that you buy or find, rather than make.
I'm not using magic items yet at my campaign. Players will have to discover the lost knowledge to create them so magic items can start to be created again.
I'm using Psi-Related Gear, but none has been found yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Charon View Post
One thing that GURPS Banestorm, and 3e GURPS Fantasy before it, does that most of the other fantasy settings I've seen for GURPS do not, is to make mana levels geopolitically important (as seen in the map on Banestorm p176).
I'm not using Psi-Mana-Levels at the campaign but did you thought about using that "negative" psi energy? Can't remember the name or which book it is...
That could be used to explain that certain places have more of this energy and so hinder psi use, maybe with your explanation of crystals that produce it, akin to radiation and radioactive minerals. But for high and very high mana zones, I'm at a loss.

Last edited by binn05; 05-17-2019 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Missing end quote formating
binn05 is offline   Reply With Quote