View Single Post
Old 05-05-2021, 06:43 PM   #4
Sorenant

Default Re: [MH] Inhuman Templates: Yōkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher R. Rice View Post
Looks good, I think I'd add Discriminatory Smell though. As for racial talents - you can do that sure. Just note that inhuman oni exchange X talent for points in Y wildcard when they take a wildcard skill that covers them and you should be good.
Thanks for the advice!
Why do you suggest Discriminatory Smell? On one hand I like the idea, it would add a "wild" flair to the template and being a good tracker would make it more fearsome, but on the other hand I'm not sure where to get the points for it.
My current intention is to reduce Regeneration to Regular and buy Discriminatory Spell with 10 points left to spend on something else. Fast Regeneration is good, but I felt it was somewhat crass so replacing it with Discriminatory Smell is probably a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarson View Post
I'm starting a MH campaign in a few weeks. Two PCs have Japanese backgrounds so this is good.
Thanks! I'm currently working on Tengu (Karasu Tengu variant, to be precise) and it's almost done, I just need to figure out the best way to represent their Jintsuriki (registered as Abhijñā or Rddhi on Wikipedia) so I might be able to post it tomorrow.
Is there some youkai in particular you'd like to see? I was just going to make the most iconic ones because I don't know if there would be demand among my players but if you have any suggestion I can make it instead of Yuki Onna or Tsukumogami.
Sorenant is offline   Reply With Quote