View Single Post
Old 01-02-2015, 12:24 PM   #9
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Monster Hunters: Justice (OCC)

Solid Concept.

Notes:
  • You may want put one point each in all of the 13-level paths to raise them to 14's. Just from an optimization point of view.
  • Your talents haven't been factored into your skill levels yet. They give you chance-19, mind-19, crossroads-18
  • True Traveller swaps physics with Hidden Lore (Gates and Dimensional Theory). Which means your hidden lore (gates) are at 17 each from talent. I thought this was a fairly obvious switch.
  • The youth spell will not keep him perpetually young. Anti Ageing magic only extends life to about 200 years before it starts failing. Thats kind of a campaign switch (and the reason for immortals universally being murderers). To achieve immortality you must steal the lives of others.
  • The Destiny can either be used as Basic or with Destiny points (which is standard for MH). Please let me know which.
  • I am planning on using the Fortune-telling skill for the oracle advantage. It requires two rolls, one Per-based and the second IQ-based.
  • Skills you are not sure on: Fortune-Telling IQ/A+2 -17 [1],Climbing DX/A - 12,Survival (mountain) per/A+2 - 13
  • If he is that unaware of Modern Technology he should have Low Tech as a disadvantage.
  • Psychology needs a specialization. The most useful are Human, Fae, Vampire, and Immortal.
  • The overlap on the two Hidden Lore (Gates) is pretty substantial, but it will get rid of of a number of penalties.
  • I'm not sure what's up with the increased cap for chance. It isn't your highest skill, all the bonuses to it (+4 and potentially +6) automatically increase your cap, and you have a level of magery thats only being used for energy at the moment. You CAN increase your magery and caps with earned points.
  • Theology (sacred places) is conspicuously absent. is this intentional?
  • Please note if he merely has access to his own magic or if he knows the locations of grimoire shops, were to find a vampire, and so forth. If he is integrated into mystic society its 5 points. If not please note it as a feature.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote