Thread: GURPS Uplift
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 11:56 PM   #14
Magehound

Default Re: GURPS Uplift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
Ah, Uplift. I hope someone takes the time, someday, to post a revision of the ur-species rules. (Hint hint hint... Someone who has more experience with GURPS than me, that is! :-)

It's nice to know that someone is actually playing Uplift. One of my favorite "daydreaming" campaign settings.

Have you seen the Alliance for Progress Encyclopedia and Grey Matters Campaign website?

http://www.geocities.com/allianceforprogress/

Very cool website. (I'll have to remember to "synch it up" again, so if it ever goes down permanently, I have it in my hard drive...)
Ah yes, I considered doing that, it needs rules that cover creatures that are six-limbed and not radial in shape (I have a fun time coming up with uses for the middle limbs in 6-legged vertebrates). Incorporating some of the GURPS Space rules would be pretty helpful to, mainly in planet design, because even in the beginning of the species creation tables it says that "ideally" a lot more should be considered but no "See also:" references are given.

I keep A4P in my menu bar, it's one of my favorite websites, I haven't finished reading it all yet. I approached the owner last year or so about making a wiki out of it, just so there'd be more space for new entries, never got a reply though.

How do you play out of Uplift, Pragmatic? I mostly just use the ur-species generator and the tech specs.
Magehound is offline   Reply With Quote