Thread: TL9 Heavy Tank
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 10:31 AM   #4
Varyon

Default Re: TL9 Heavy Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Brackin View Post
No, you're not going to get (5) with DU. Traditionally that's a (3). I get 6x 525(3). Pretty much all the technobabble is beyond Gurps level of resolution as noted and some of it is dubious. The given size and velocity do not scale up properly from the Abrahms' 120 mm gun.

There wasn't enough data on the secondary gun (or even if it's all one gun) and I'm not sure what it's for.
APEP in UT is described as basically being FSDSDU (but using something other than DU) and has AD (5), while I believe HT simply gives all the DU munitions AD (2) and mounting damage (so handling things the HT way would have meant APEP would have been x2.5 damage and AD (2) rather than AD (5)), but I'm away from my books at the moment and can't check. I honestly don't know what all the terms in the buzzword-soup describing the round wind up actually meaning for it, but figured maybe they'd approximate something like FSDSDU... although then maybe a 15mm barrel would actually only wind up with pi rather than pi+ (I think FSDS can downgrade piercing class two steps in some cases, but I could be misremembering).