View Single Post
Old 03-08-2023, 02:33 PM   #8
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default Re: CARnage file errors

I'm running an Anycubic Photon M3. I'm using Anycubic ECO UV Resin Grey. The only changes I've made to that is my Normal Exposure time is 3.25 seconds and my bottom exposure is 15 seconds (because at 23 seconds it was like chipping concrete off).

In this picture, the two guns, the one of the left was printed with the provided supports. And the one on the right was printed with supports I added from Lychee. (I despise Chitubox, 100% of my Chitubox prints failed, compared to 50% with the awful Anycubic slicer program--Lychee has been so much better, even though it's still in beta.) And, to be clear--the other three guns I tried printing with the original supports failed due to the supports not being strong enough.

The bottom part, the turret on the left was the one I put in at a 30° angle with supports (and didn't double-check the fourth foot). But the one on the right is the one with the pre-generated supports. You can't see it as clearly, but the feet are very thin and warped, and the bottom isn't flat.

[ETA]
I've printed hundreds of models with those settings and have had very few failures. I've had more failures from these models than I have had, previously.
[/ETA]

Last edited by Mark Skarr; 03-08-2023 at 02:46 PM.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote