View Single Post
Old 07-31-2021, 02:05 PM   #49
43Supporter

Default Re: How many Auto Manufacturers are there in NA?

UACFH p. 45: A single laser can guide any number of LGLed weapons, so long as they all come from the same vehicle, and the same arc of fire. *NOTHING* is said about the laser being mounted on the same vehicle (I'm at the wrong computer at the moment to look it up, but I do recall an _ADQ&A_ specifically saying this was allowed).

I use "one mile up" as it's the example used in _Aeroduel_ for "how to calculate horizontal bombing (_AD_ p. 34).

Oh, By The Way: "Horizontal bombing to-hit rolls are not affected by range, target size, or movement modifiers. The bomber's gunner [sic] skill and target [sic] computer do affect the to-hit roll." [ibid.] So much for "-88 to-hit"....

As to the actual target point: As noted, horizontal bombing isn't brilliant against *MOVING* targets -- but the bomber isn't attacking a moving target; it's attacking a point on the ground, which isn't moving at all (or better yet: A building-sized bonfire in the center of the camp -- what's the TH mod for a building?).

So, between the LG [TH: 6], a typical Gunner [+2], and a HRSWC [+2] against a non-moving target point [-0], this side of rolling Murphy[*], that bomb is hitting *exactly* where it's aimed. And even a Murphy is only "missed by 1-2" " -- a max scatter of 4". The 1,500-lb. CB's 20d-damage zone is 21" diameter (7" x 1.5 *radius*, so [(7 x 1.5) x2]). (Beyond that is a 10d-damage zone to 12.5" radius; then 5d to 20" radius.)

[*: Natural 2 on 2d6 for the laser; or 2-3 for the LG lock.]

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote