View Single Post
Old 07-30-2021, 04:55 PM   #47
juris

Default Re: How many Auto Manufacturers are there in NA?

Sword there are rules lawyers and rules gurus - you are the latter :)

Absolutely correct - under the current CW rules you could not bomb a target from a mile up.

You'd have to drop down to a reasonable 20" which is where you'll face SAM swarms.

Also, that's a 5 space bomb - too big for a bomb rack - so only larger choppers or microplanes are going to be able to carry this monster, and they have low HC - hence my comment on the D hazard of a SAM being lethal.

Also, a SAM will wreak havoc on a microplane on a wing hit - so you're better off in a chopper (UACFH p 176 "Wings")

Agree with Sword - you can't use two different sets of rules. If you could drop a bomb from a mile, I'd insist SAMs not suffer range penalties at all. They are fire and forget weapons like a RGM

Agree Aeroduel doesn't really mix with CW.

Jets vs cycles is a GI Joe cartoon :)

Edit: I wholeheartedly endorse attacking convoys with cluster bombs. In our campaign I created a random encounter with a joker calling himself Count Chocula who would drop a regular 150lb cluster bomb from his small microplane. It was just for laughs but the players absolutely hated him - it was one of those times where a random encounter become a major plot twist

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordtart View Post
If you include range penalties at a mile up (352") your dive bombing range will be in excess of that at at -1 per 4" you are at -88 to hit. If you need more than and adjusted 12 you CANNOT hit your target (CWC 2.5 p39). Scatter only applies to shots that could hit.

Last edited by juris; 07-30-2021 at 05:04 PM.
juris is offline   Reply With Quote