Thread: GURPS Uplift
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2009, 11:33 PM   #11
Magehound

Default Re: GURPS Uplift

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
360 degree vision (Only to avoid being surprised from behind -40%)
Sorry, it didn't occur to me to mention some other body measurements. The player just went off on making these things (mind you, they make pretty good PCs) they're semi-upright, but fly (that was a headache rolling for, trust me) so they actually have no "behind" to watch, they can see down and behind themselves already. The spots had to do with their fallow ancestors who had a distinct tendency to attack from above.

After asking her, she said the spots are meant to be a visual equivalent of a fish's lateral line, they hook up directly to the spinal cord and so react by reflex based on the "darkness" of the shadow (the darker the shadow, the closer the attacking target and bright overhead light makes for the sharpest shadows) and at the speed of which two or more eyes are "tripped".

Any input the brain has is delayed anyway, because it would take them too long to look up and then decide where to move when they have something stooping down at them anyway. Hence, my slapping it as Danger Sense, as there was no cognition, just a reaction.

And actually, I only have the 2ed Uplift sourcebook available.
Magehound is offline   Reply With Quote