View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 05:39 AM   #33
Varyon

Default Re: [Social Engineering / Basic Set] Doubling hireling pay increases loyalty by too m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
Beyond that it's just the normal problem of GURPS resolution being to coarse, in many circumstances, to account for variety, ie I real life it's possible to be shot 33 times by a .357 magnum at close range and not only live but suffer no permanent debilitating effects. The dice in GURPS do not allow that.
Of course, there are houserules - and official, optional rules - that address the case of surviving large numbers of gunshot wounds to non-lethal locations (Last Wounds is one, although I prefer Conditional Injury for this, and I also like the houserule I've seen before about randomizing the blowthrough cap, to represent the difference between hitting someone in the love handles and somewhere more important, where minimum damage just doesn't suffice), so one certainly could expand the loyalty/reaction system to allow for such nuances. Perhaps modify it to be "roll low" like much of the rest of GURPS while you're at it (but then, I'm a fan of making everything in GURPS "roll low," even damage, but that last bit is difficult to work out the nuances of).