View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 08:12 AM   #139
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Blog: Worlds Beyond Earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-red-scare View Post
Good one!
Thanks! it took me a while to get this to a point where it was ready to present!

Quote:
What I’ve always done is assume an SM +0 “vessel” is just a 20-system pilot. An SM +1 battlesuit therefore requires 6 systems for the pilot, plus one for the control “room”, and then is built like a Spaceships mecha might be. For an SM +2 walker, the pilot (and any passenger) takes 2 systems, plus a control room, etc. At SM +3 the pilot is one system, but still requires a control room. Then at SM +4 and up the pilot is included in the control room and you use the existing mecha rules.

That's a pretty good way to go about it, particularly if you're sticking to the standard spaceship hull sizes and uses only whole systems. Its equivalent to having 180 lbs of pilot cargo space for a 600 lb vessel, 200 lbs of pilot cargo space for a 2,000 vessel, or a 300 lbs of pilot cargo space for a 6,000 lb vessel.

The article above's biggest addition to that is letting you go in-between the official hull sizes, plus some alternate rules to make the numbers (mostly DR) closer to what you get in ultratech and some of the pyramid articles. The alternate rules are in other articles linked at the end of the post.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote