View Single Post
Old 04-12-2021, 04:19 PM   #10
Black Leviathan

Default Re: [Social Engineering / Basic Set] Doubling hireling pay increases loyalty by too m

For one pay isn't the only factor in loyalty. If you treat an employee poorly it doesn't much matter how much you pay them, they'll eventually break.

But as far as pay goes. Think about how you'd feel if a fairly neutral party asked you to do the job you did now but at double the actual pay. Your take-home for the year, doubled. No hidden catches that would impact your loyalty, they're just going to take the reasonable market rate and slap a times-two on that... Knowing that recognition of your value to the organization would ALSO bear a double on your wage increases... Now throwing down your life for your employer is hard to imagine, but would you be willing to take some risks to keep getting that paycheck? Would you be willing to compromise your ethics a bit? Can you see how that kind of loyalty becomes more palatable?

I've broken State labor laws for employers who paid me a buck over minimum wage. I can't even fathom the I would have dug if someone would have paid me $10.20/hr when I was a kid..
Black Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote