View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 08:03 AM   #18
Otaku

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week: Healing

I think it worth mentioning that Powers p.161 does list a few Skills that can be used in place of just an IQ role with Healing. In fact, I would like to know if there is a more detailed treatment of this approach. Especially lending itself to the notion of a medical team, mixing and matching both their skills and powers to treat others.

Related to this is something that is as much about game balance as it is about aiding in suspension of disbelief. The penalties for curing diseases... I assume this is as much about the crunch as the fluff? That is, the idea is a disease that the available forms of non-powered healing cannot handle, are supposed to carry a bigger penalty than those that medical science, natural recovery, etc. can already treat.
My GURPS Fourth Edition library consists of Basic Set: Characters, Basic Set: Campaigns, Martial Arts, Powers, Powers: Enhanced Senses, Power-Ups 1: Imbuements, Power-Ups 2: Perks, Power-Ups 3: Talents, Power-Ups 4: Enhancements, Power-Ups 6: Quirks, Power-Ups 8: Limitations, Powers, Social Engineering, Supers, Template Toolkit 1: Characters, Template Toolkit 2: Races, one issue of Pyramid (3/83) a.k.a. Alternate GURPS IV, GURPS Classic Rogues, and GURPS Classic Warriors. Most of which was provided through the generosity of others. Thanks! :)
Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote