View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 09:50 PM   #28
KarlKost

Default Re: Naruto like campaign, beginner needs help

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLaNoche View Post
Awesome Kelly (and the others as well). I was glancing at that section on powers abilities and talents for the power modifiers. It talks about psionics but I am guessing from what you played out about the earth chi power thing, it can go for any power grouping. I will try and read through that section tonight, and try to finish off drafts of the first 4 skills for the earth school. I will post that and appreciate any feedback. Also, if you have ideas for any of the schools powers (offence, defence, other) I would welcome any ideas. Thanks again all. I am pretty excited about this. When done, I'll post my school templates, story line, and the customized automated character sheets for whom ever would like it
Yes, powers modifiers can be used to ANY source, as long as it is part of a power. Examples:

Magic -10%
Psionic -10%
Chi -10%
Divine -10%
Super -10%
Cosmic +50% (only opposable by other cosmic)

So, just place a -10% limitation for ANY abilities that you create. But, instead of calling all of it as just a boring "Chi" source, call them as that:

Earth -10%
Air -10%
Water -10%
Fire -10%

That also has the effect that, Earth powers can only be disabled by other Earth (or Air, if you'd prefer to go with the elemental opposition), and so foward for all others (Air-Air or Air-Earth, Water-Water or Water-Fire and so on), or mundane ways to disable the powers (drugs, maybe even supersticious "charms" akin to throwing salt over the shoulders - maybe some Buddha icons could cancel some abilities, prayers, incense, etc, but also pressure points too)
KarlKost is offline   Reply With Quote