Thread: Corco's Villa
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 12:40 PM   #2
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (OOC)

Characters should be inspired by Fantasy, pulp, action, and science fiction. We will not be playing with supers characters, and mages who can do anything are discouraged, though focused mages are just fine*. You should give a brief description of how the character fit into the world they came from as well as their basic concept. Characters should not be unique or new in their own world, though they may be comparatively rare.

Common challenges will include solving mysteries, tracking down enemies, battling minions, and navigating strange terrain. Characters should be able to contribute to both combat and investigative play. Characters should also have some way of looking like a human (even if its just "tie down my ears and put on makeup"). I'm looking for heroic characters. Each should have a reason they aren't on their homeworld, like being exiled, having lost those near and dear to them, and so forth.

Characters will be built on 300 points plus the impulse-buy version of destiny (15 points) and a "power set". Up to 50 extra points may be awarded for a concept using a "minimal" power set

Power sets will consist of powers, cinematic advantages, and access to gear/technology. The GM will be be build the power sets, though simple builds and precise descriptions are welcome. Power sets will be around 150 points, though that's a pretty rough estimate, and DR and ST will be extremely heavily discounted, along with firepower. Attributes beyond ST are unlikely to be included in power sets, as are skills: buy those with your base 300 points. Advantages granting a sort of invulnerability will have a weakness of one sort or another. Alternative Abilities may be used.

As far as power level goes, I'm looking at about monster hunters levels, with the brawny categories being quite a bit brawnier.

Buy languages for the character as though they were in their home world. Corco's magic will map the languages to local equivalents, but they won't increase the number of languages you know. So if your character knows both English and Spainish, but no other languages, in the fantasy world may know elven and common, but not dwarven or orc. If you want to buy Corco's actual language, buy latin.

Per and Will will be purchased separately from IQ.

If you want a custom talent, just ask. The skills ideally should all use the same attribute and have a focus.

And speaking of asking, this is a fairly ambitious project as far as character creation goes, so feel free to ask questions and work things out before the character sheet is finished, or to ask for help or advice

* magic should have one to three focuses. For example, a mage might have the focuses illusion and TK. Or alternatively necromancy and divination.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 04-19-2021 at 12:51 PM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote