View Single Post
Old 11-18-2020, 08:07 PM   #128
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
I picked navigation land because I conceived the ship as a dungeon; if I ever have to hide in the ship (for whatever reason) I can make sure I won't end in a dead end. My character with eidetic memory, absolute direction and vibration sense is probably going to be capable of moving around the ships using the ducts and getting to interesting places.
ok, that makes sense. Though you may want to look at the floorplans: dead ends are pretty difficult to run into. The ventilation system is pretty tightly sealed: its a spaceship engineered to keep mostly sealed when giant holes are blown in it.

Quote:
Regarding skill levels and the "many advantages"
Since I improved the character's skills in comparison to my previous build, I had the impression I would be right with the character as is now; I have seldomly played with skill levels above 13 and budgets above 200 CP in average, I am wrapping my mind around it. Reading the IC thread and your comments has been helpful! Danger sense is there to ensure survival, I will try my best to improve the character to lower the “reliable” levels, but I feel it is vital for the character. I appreciate all of your comments.
Gurps has a huge range of gameplay, because it covers so much ground as far as genres go. But, consistency is a big deal in this particular genre, and being able to tank penalties is important.

Quote:
On Trained by a Master
I employ GURPS character sheet (GCS) to build my characters; I knew of the modifier from other threads, but then I found it available in the program and considered applying it.
GCS is fan-made... sometimes you should be inquisitive of stuff you find there. I happen to like mygurps, but its not actually official.
Quote:
About the PSI modifier

The book GURPS Psionic Powers features a -10% modifier for PSI abilities; if it is not available that is OK.
The modifier is -10% for all of them, and the power modifier is essentially the same for all of them, but the "power" that is chosen matters. Read start of psionic powers, page 4, under "The Power"

Quote:
Regarding striking ST
It has the modifier one attack only -60%. My GCS does not display modifiers unless I open the details editor; perhaps I missed adding it because here I write them manually. This is the reason I missed some notes in the first draft.
hmm. Four levels of one attack only striking ST feels like its part of the power. Its a little too extreme to be part of the 250 point character.

Quote:
Regarding the job
If asked, Pacifica would be happy in charge of the food and all the vital supplies. As a player I would insist on working in the morale section, were the character could exploit her super memory and acquire a great deal of valuable information from doing paperwork and listening to co-workers.
The morale and officer section were excluded from the starting situations intentionally, in order to increase the challenge, and narrow the scope. It was a scenario creation decision, not just a limitation on what the teams setting up your cover can do.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote