View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 03:02 AM   #9
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)
Default Re: Fist! related question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdancer View Post
Yeah, in my original draft I had given too few bonuses (which PK kindly pointed out) and offered me a few suggestions which eventually turned into the Fist! skill.

Personally I think the Rev. started a revolution with how he treated Wildcard! skills in Monster Hunters. Before it was simply a cost effective replacement skill, mostly worth the points, now, however, they are just plain awesome.

Now making Alan Quartermain or even a Slayer from Buffy is much easier, though I don't know if I personally would play a character with Fist! Getting that close in without something that can do cutting, impaling or piercing damage might really suck when facing certain monsters from MH3. Although I suppose Pressure Points and Pressure Secrets might make it more useful if allowed. I can see it now, Pressure Secrets to rip out a vamp's heart... :)

Ghostdancer
You can get a bladed hand, and do impaling/piercing with Karate, and thus with Fist. In DF, the bladed hand is the weapon I recommend to "unarmed" martial artists, because of this.
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote