View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 03:39 PM   #9
UnknownMan

Default Re: Faster play rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese8242 View Post
But if you want to play cutthroat (which is perfectly fine) and only allow one player to win, you are going to have to expect long games. Well, unless some gets luckly.
EXACTLY! Hence the creation of this thread. To allow the game to be played so that 1 person CAN win. I have listed rules here to give fewer player bashing DxM cards, fewer moves per turn, and extra treasure (player boosters) for killing own monsters.

I played a 3 player game with 2 friends the other day, we played with all the normal rules but only 2 moves. We started at 7:00 pm. At 12:30 am (on a wednesday) we called it quits. We were all at level 10 (well back and forth between 9 and 10, as we kept getting killed in the boss fights) , and nobody could win because the other 2 players kept getting so many DxM cards that it was impossible to kill th boss.

It sucked the fun out of the game. There are alot of people who bash Munchkin quest for this very reason. I like the game, and my friends (this was there first time playing) said it started out fun, and they would give it another chance if we could reduce the number of DxM cards.
UnknownMan is offline   Reply With Quote