View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 02:29 PM   #38
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [Basic] Advantage of the Week: Healing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
It costs FP and healing a little bit at a time is really ineffective, so you want to take a deep breath, heal all of your buddy's wounds at once, and then lie around exhausted for an hour. And if the genre calls for access to fast healing, then fast healing can be gotten through through other means.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plane View Post
If you're thinking of an alternative like Affliction: Fast Regeneration, you're still talking a 1-second delay until it recovers their HP, which in a fast-paced fight could be the difference between life and death.
Well, any setting in which you can heal up in a single day has fast healing: that's what I'm referring to. In a dungeon crawling game, you can buy the healing ability, but all you're really doing is saving your party a number of potions. That's nice, but its not terribly exciting. So do you pay 30 character points or do you just buy and carry potions?

Most settings in which healing up everyone within a day are appropriate have a back-up method besides spending 30 points on the healing advantage. And because character points are precious, and because those 30 points don't give any real combat benefits, people tend to go for those back up methods.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote