View Single Post
Old 11-04-2020, 11:04 AM   #2
Gold & Appel Inc

Default Re: [Banestorm] Fleshing out the Djinn Lands

Nitpick: It's in the southwest.

I've never paid much attention to the Djinn Lands, because they've never come up in my small number of Yrth games and I find them a little uninspiring. If I was going to flesh the Djinn themselves out, it would probably be only a little, as shadowy background figures backing the face-to-face antagonists who are making life difficult for the PCs (ie: bedouin tribesmen engaged in a brushfire conflict somewhere the PCs want to be, like around an ancient ruin they want to explore/loot, or on the route of a caravan they're guarding). I picture each having an Elven name that they use among themselves on the rare occasions that they communicate, a name belonging to their vessel that is long-forgotten and would only be important as a vulnerability for certain kinds of magic, and a fanciful use-name that is either self-chosen or bestowed by their slave/cultists and reflective of the sort of obsequious thing a bunch of terrified tribesmen would call their personal minor patron deity, like, "The Voice of the Desert Wind," or, "The Watcher in the Sky Over the Dunes," or something.

Last edited by Gold & Appel Inc; 11-04-2020 at 11:07 AM.
Gold & Appel Inc is offline   Reply With Quote