View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 11:36 AM   #5
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Yrth with RPM [Banestorm/Thaumotology]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
RPM enchantments are magical gadgets. A Path of Enchanting could use lesser effects to impact temporary magical gadgets while it could use greater effects to impact permanent magical gadgets.
Sure, you can use that as the mechanism for building them in play, but what are the prices and effects of the enchantments? How much does a bow that gives +4 to hit cost? How does it compare to a +5 bow? What about a cloak that lets you breathe underwater? Or a ring that gives +2 to resist offensive spells? or a pot that summons 5 meals of soup three times a day? can you even get these?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataweaver View Post
Hmm? Ritual Adept has nothing to do with connection. Or are you saying that if you're crafting a Long-Range ritual, you can't use Ritual Adept while doing so?
See the RPM book page 6. It presents Ritual Adept as a 40 point advantage, then breaks it down into three parts, one of which is Ritual Adept (Connection), for 10 points.

I find playing without ritual adept (connection) forces mages to find connections to the targets of spells that they can't see, and that drives a lot of flavor and concrete objectives into magic.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote