Thread: GURPS: Amber
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2022, 07:16 AM   #9
Fred Brackin

Default Re: GURPS: Amber

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
Y

Which stats? I intentionally left out DX/IQ to be covered later. Healing should come out about right (even a bit too fast). Fatigue starts at 50% more than a human plus Very Fit so it's going to take quite a bit to even get winded.

ST20 effectively sets "amber rank" while ST16 is "chaos rank". Originally I had it at ST25 (amber) and ST20 (chaos), but I figured players could buy it up easily. In either case, it's still intended to just be a starting values with the expectation that someone like Corwin would be around ST30 and Gerald closer to 40.
Corwin could sprint for hours while holdin a 200 lb man in his arms while he may have been a weakened condition. Cowin and Random once fenced for 24 hours straight. That's beyond even HT15 and Very Fit.

I also once googled for 1960s Mercedes jsut to see how strong Corwin and Random needed to be for that car lifting stunt in the first book. Unless their sister had a sporty little coupe I got answers more like 35+ than 30. Benedict could also lift and throw a large man across a room one-handed. That's about ST 35 too.

Later generations don't appear to be so tough. Merlin and Luke joined a college track team and sincerely competed againt normal humans for example.