View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 12:26 PM   #64
andreww

Default Re: TFT Helper - beta test of app

I have been working feverishly on the third beta version, but it won't be released this morning as I hoped because I *really* value your time. Your comments have been *extremely* helpful. If I release a version with known, visible issues you'll spend your time on those, which I know about. I need you to find the stuff I can't find, so I don't want to waste your precious testing time poking at stuff I already see. Wearing out your beta testers is bad!

The combat sequencing is re-written and largely tested. It's actually more fun this way, though I want to refine some of the messaging (eg the log should show that you renewed spells, etc). I have definitely learned that a wizard going up against a fighter better not blow their first couple of spell rolls. It's hard to test whether Dazzle correctly affects a summoned wolf while you're getting hammered with a morning star.

I am still having a little trouble with formatting on tablets. I'll be working on that today and tomorrow, and hopefully get the next beta approved by Apple on Monday (Android testers will see it immediately).

The good news is there will be some new goodies. I don't want to let the cats out of the bag at this point, but there should be a couple new things to see.

Meanwhile, let me know how you're doing in the adventure. Don't post spoilers! During the adventure the upper right corner shows a number in a blue box. That is the location number. You can report how far you got, and especially if you got out. But if you spot an issue with a particular trap or opponent message me directly. Otherwise when we release people will be perusing this thread for cheats!

Anyway, thanks for your efforts and your patience, wish me luck and look for a new version Monday.
andreww is offline   Reply With Quote