View Single Post
Old 03-19-2020, 09:18 AM   #76
Say, it isn't that bad!

Default Re: User Made Items for GCA4

I like the Pyramid article "Knowing Your Own Strength" in 3/83, so I wrote it up as a GCA4 data file. This article changes how ST progresses Basic Lift and Basic Damage to a logarithmic model, and also makes ST more capable per point. The set comes with five variant files for calculating HP; details on the variants are given below.

Warning: Incomplete. This is also my first GCA file, so feel free to review and critique. :)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...M6?usp=sharing

I did some math and came up with five options for how to adjust HP to make room for the changes:

1. Convert from the new ST value to an "old ST value" and from there directly to HP.
1a. Upside: Maintains the relationship between Basic Lift and HP.
1b. Downside: Characters gain a lot of HP, such that it is always far more useful to increase ST than HP.
2. Use the formula in the book.
2a. Upside: It is in the book.
2b. Note: Adds a new stat to the Attributes tab.
2c. Downside: Since the new Weight stat is free, this requires GM adjudication.
3. Reverse the formula in the book; derive Weight from HP.
3a. Upside: It is also, arguably, in the book.
3b. Note: Adds a new stat to the Attributes tab.
3c. Downside: ST does not affect HP; and if it did, a ST 16 (human max in this system) character would weigh 512 lb.
4. Use a formula based on the elephant given in the book.
4a. Upside: It is sort-of in the book.
4b. Upside: We can derive this simply from ST.
4c. Downside: Basic Damage from ST increases faster than HP.
5. Maintain the ratio of HP to damage established by the default ST 10, HP 10, and 1d Basic Swing Damage.
5a. Upside: Maybe a better simulation?
5b. Downside: No real editing or verification whatsoever.

So I left the default HP = ST as the default, and included all five as optional variant datafiles, because who needs sleep? (me)
Say, it isn't that bad! is offline   Reply With Quote