View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 11:54 PM   #20
VIVIT

Default Re: [PU9] Cost of IQ under independent Will, Per, Cha

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvercatMoonpaw View Post
Though I'd even more prefer to rename things and/or silo "acts as low IQ" into part of some "Animal Mind" disadvantage rather than require that animals play games with relative IQ to Per ratios.
I've thought about this! In my notes is a "Nonsapient" disad with the effects of all of the following:
  • Incompetence in all IQ-based skills
  • Dyslexia
  • Innumerate
  • Non-Iconographic
  • Spoken comprehension fixed at None for all languages
  • A native TL of "N/A"
It doesn't include Cannot Speak; it assumes you can learn and parrot words and phrases (even deliberately, to elicit specific reactions from listeners!) but that you don't break down anything you say grammatically or have any sense of the generalizable semantics of the words you're uttering (e.g. "Polly want a cracker" is just the thing you say to get the humans to give you that tasty crunchy thing—you don't realize that "Polly" refers to you, "cracker" refers to the tasty crunchy thing, and "want" expresses the subjective experience motivating you to attempt to get the humans to give you the crunchy thing, even if you happen to be fully self-aware and able to consciously recognize your desire for the cracker.)

The trait qualifies you to buy IQ at a −40% limitation, just like No Fine Manipulators does for DX.
VIVIT is offline   Reply With Quote